A local locksmith offering a 24hr Emergency Service
A local locksmith offering a 24hr Emergency Service
A local locksmith offering a 24hr Emergency Service
Locksmith in Chelmsford 24/7 emergency locksmiths
Click here Call us free! Or Visit our Mobile Friendly Page
We are a small local Chelmsford based locksmith business serving the Essex area, Not a call Centre or franchise, speak to Arthur the locksmith direct 24/7 for great value local rates, Call now Freephone 0800 5429995
A local family run Essex trading standards approved locksmith business based in Chelmsford, Emergency 24 hour Locksmith Service with no call out charge, Vat or hidden charges, a real trusted professional locksmith serving Essex
30 - 60 Min emergency response to most of Essex including: Chelmsford, Braintree, Dunmow, Wickford, Billericay, Witham, Brentwood, Southend, Basildon, Maldon & surrounding villages.
As independent Essex locksmiths you can be sure of fixed inclusive prices without any hidden charges, if you are locked out in Essex and need a lock opening, we always try non destructive methods first, If you have simply closed your door and left your keys inside? we are confident your your door can be opened without damage to the lock or door using specialist tools and bypass methods, in all cases your locksmith will explain and keep you informed throughout the whole process confirming the cost of all locks or parts.
As specialist domestic locksmiths in Chelmsford we specialize in uPVC Double glazed and Composite door Multi point lock repairs and upgrades, a comprehensive van stock of locks and parts are carried to ensure most jobs are completed on one visit which also keeps the cost down, we are independent locksmiths so you can be sure its a real local Chelmsford locksmith on the end of the line and not a National company.
Are you in need of a local Essex locksmith service? Take a look at the areas we service direct in Essex.
Locks 4 Less Lock service is a family run Chelmsford business with no ties to national companies or call centers, people always assume locksmiths are out to rip people off with over charging, massive call out fees and hidden extras, bad press and shows like rogue traders also contribute towards painting a bad picture of locksmiths. Yes some so called Essex locksmiths may have very little or no training and just opt to destroy every lock they come across and replace at a over the top prices, here at Locks 4 less our practice is to repair before replace, we only ever replace parts or locks when necessary unlike bigger national companies who commonly encourage their locksmiths to earn bonuses on what they sell.
At Locks 4 Less lock service we always attempt non destructive methods to gain entry or open a door and as all reputable locksmiths will know there is many ways to get into a door without reaching for the drill! and by calling us you can be assured you will receive great customer service from a vetted, approved and award winning Essex locksmith service, We have hundreds of reviews from very happy customers through Checkatrade.com and in a survey of over 350 customers 98.7% were charged as per the quote/estimate given for the job, we strive to give great value and are very proud of our high standards and feedback scores which are key to our success, We also offer a 10% senior citizen discount on parts and labour.
By asking a series of questions over the phone we are able to give an exact price and ETA for any lock out in Essex, we always try and give a honest arrival time and never make false promises, we use specialist tools and bypass methods to gain entry which means in most cases there is no need for lock replacements or new keys, for all lock outs and lock changing in Chelmsford we give a price over the phone from the customers description, we will always confirm the price again on site before we undertake any work, throughout any job you will be kept informed of all works being carried out, we guarantee no hidden costs or un authorized charges.
Take a look at over 370 reviews and see what our customers have to say about the best rated Essex locksmith service on Checkatrade.com.
Locksmith Services in Essex
01245 409162 Chelmsford, Bicknacre, Boreham, Broomfield, Chelmer Village, Danbury, Fairstead, Ford End, Galleywood, Good Easter, Great Baddow, Great Leighs, Great Waltham, Hanningfield, Hatfield Peverel, Howe Street, High Easter, Highwood, Howe Green, Littley Green, Little Baddow, Little Waltham, North End, Pleshey, Rettendon, Roxwell, Sandon, South woodham ferrers, Springfield Terling, Woodham Ferrers, Woodham Mortimer, Writtle,
01268 661319 Basildon, Battlesbridge,Benfleet, Bowers Gifford, Crays Hill, Dunton Wayletts, Pitsea, Laindon, Langdon Hills, Noak Bridge, North Benfleet, Canvey Island, Ramsden Bellhouse, Rawreth, Rayleigh, Runwell, South Benfleet, South Hanningfield, Thundersley, Vange and Wickford.
01277 555022 Brentwood, Billericay, Blackmore, Coxtie Green, Doddinghurst, Downham, Fyfield, Great Burstead, Great Warley, Herongate, Hutton, Ingatestone, Ingrave, Kelvedon Hatch, Little Burstead, Margaretting, Moreton, Mountnessing, Navestock, Ongar, Pilgrims Hatch, Ramsden Heath, Shenfield, Stock Warley, Stondon Massey, South Green, South Weald, West Hanningfield and Willingale
01375 295013 Chadwell St Mary, Chafford Hundred, Corringham, East Tilbury, Fobbing, Grays, Horndon on the hill, Linford, North Stifford, Orsett , Thurrock, Stanford-le-Hope, Tilbury & West Horndon
01376 786013 Black Notley, Bocking, Braintree, Coggeshall, Cressing, Faulkbourne, Great Notley, Kelvedon, Rayne, Rivenhall, Silver End, White Notley and Witham.
01621 393012 Maldon, Althorne, Asheldham, Bradwell-on-Sea, Burnham-on-Crouch, Cock Clarks, Cold Norton, Dengie, Goldhanger, Great Braxted, Great Totham, Hazeleigh, Heybridge, Inworth, Latchingdon, Little Totham, Mayland, Messing, Mundon, North Fambridge, Purleigh, Southminster, Steeple, Tillingham, Tiptree, Tollesbury and Wickham Bishops.
01702 568237 Southend on sea, Ashingdon, Barling, Canewdon, Chalkwell, Daws Heath, Eastwood, Great Wakering, Hadleigh, Hawkwell, Hockley, Hullbridge, Leigh on sea, Paglesham, Prittlewell, Rochford, Shoeburyness, Southchurch, Stambridge, Thorpe Bay, West Leigh, West Shoebury.
01371 494847 Great Dunmow, Little Dunmow, Felsted, Thaxted, Stebbing, Wethersfield, Barnston, Little Easton, Great Easton, Great Bardfield, Finchingfield, Bannister Green, Shalford Green, Duton Hill, High Roding
01279 799235 Harlow, Epping, Takeley, Little Canfield, Hatfield Heath, North Weald, Bishops Stortford, Stansted, Elsenham, Sheering, Sawbridgeworth, Leaden Roding, White Roding, Matching Green, Henham, Broxted, Hatfield Broad Oak, Great Hallingbury, Little Hallingbury, Birchanger, Spellbrook, Church Langley, Molehill Green, Aythorpe Roding, Thorley
0800 5429995 Upminster, South Ockendon, Aveley, Romford, Dagenham, Stanway, Colchester, Langford, Easthorpe, Copford Green, Wennington, Marks Tey
We do not do lost car & van keys, car key cutting and programming or keys locked inside your car? We are not Automotive locksmiths.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much will a Locksmith cost? Price depends on the job in hand but a list of labour rates and parts can be found on my prices page, However most standard jobs can be quoted over the phone and would be confirmed again once i arrive with no obligation or pressure to proceed. As an independent locksmith I'm under no pressure to earn extra commission by carrying out unnecessary work or replacing good locks and will no way pressure customers, this way of trading is something you may see from larger organizations or rogue traders.
- Will i have to pay a call out charge? I never charge any upfront charge even for an emergency, if you are locked out a quote will be provided to gain entry and once i arrive the whole procedure would be fully explained and fee confirmed before i go any further.
- How do i pay? I accept cash or all major cards through my encrypted chip and pin terminal, you will not be charged any extra for card payments. If you are a landlord or not present to make payment in person card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Will i get a receipt/invoice? You will receive a written invoice upon job completion with full details of work carried out and parts used.
- Do you charge VAT? As a small business serving mainly domestic customers I've opted not to be VAT registered which saves you the extra 20% which larger company's need to charge on top.
- Will i get a guarantee? All new parts used come with a standard 12 months guarantee.
- Will i need a new lock if I've locked myself out of my house? When trying to gain entry to any property i will always use non destructive methods first, non destructive means entry without damage to door or lock, if you have just walked out of your property and left the key inside? by using specialist tools with years of practice I'm able to open 99% of doors without damage and providing you have the key the lock will be fully operational, cylinder locks can be picked, bypassed and manipulated without damage in most cases, higher security deadlocks require different methods to open which would be fully explained after lock identification. However if you have lost one of your keys its always advisable to change the lock and have a new set of keys for obvious security reasons.
- Will you have the parts required on the van? As a former warrant locksmith I've built up a comprehensive stock of locks, cylinders and mechanisms to cover all eventualities, in the rare case of a lock not in van stock i have many temporary repair locks to secure your door while parts are ordered, most parts are next day delivery.
- Will i get charged for a second visit if parts need ordering? No extra will charged, only my agreed fee on the first visit to fully complete the job is payable, you would normally pay nothing until the job is completed but may be asked for a deposit when ordering parts.
- How long will i have to wait for a locksmith? For an emergency lock out call i aim to attend within 1 hour and will always make the elderly and customers with young children my priority, an average response of 30 minutes is usually achieved subject to time of day, traffic and road conditions, i have responded to jobs in only a few minutes before if local to where I'm working. I will never make false promises and would rather recommend another locksmith if i was unable to attend within 1 hour.
Alternative uPVC Lock Specialist In Chelmsford, Billericay, Maldon, Witham, Wickford, Southend Grays, Great Dunmow and Basildon Essex Locksmith Near Me, Nearest Locksmiths
Recent Customer Reviews left on Checkatrade.com
Excellent service provided. Very friendly, helpful, polite young man. Nothing was to much bother for him. Very reasonable rates. I would certainly call him again and recommend his services to all.
He was on time, I thought it would cost me more was very happy with services.
Locksmith was professional and courteous as a female I felt safe and that I could trust him . He was prompt , efficient and affordable, would use again and recommend
I was on holiday in Norway with a neighbor popping in to look after my dogs when I received a call to say that she had called a locksmith as the door wouldn't open. I immediately began to worry about a huge bill but after speaking with him and hearing the work planned I was put at ease. The broken lock was drilled out and replaced, and with the call out fee I was chuffed to get a bill 4 or 5 times less than I was expecting. I arrived home to find it safe, secure and with no evidence that he'd been other than two new keys. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.
“Excellent service. Friendly and reliable. Professional attitude and fair prices. Prompt call out. No big sells or unexpected costs. Trustworthy.” Customer in Chelmsford.
“Arthur was very helpful right from my initial phone call. The quote over the phone was what I paid on the day - reasonable price/no hidden cost. Very pleased.” Customer in Braintree
“Very professional and friendly, would recommend and use again. Thank you.” Customer in Chelmsford
“Arrived very quickly from my call. Quickly assessed what was needed and quoted cost. Replacement lock was in stock and replaced immediately.” Customer in Chelmsford
“Excellent prompt service.” Customer in Chelmsford
“Very fast, great customer service, will use again and recommend.” Customer in Southend On Sea
“Absolutely first rate job and decent price.” Customer in Chelmsford
“Quick and efficient.” Customer in Dunmow
“Very pleasant and courteous. Would use him again.” Customer in Billericay
“I would recommend this company.” Customer in Rochford
Fitting of window and door lock to insurance company standard.
“Excellent, competent, helpful, on time and polite. Very knowledgeable. Will recommend.” Customer in Maldon
“Accuracy perfection on time job was done very fast and very tidy, well mannered gentleman, well recommended.” Customer in Basildon
“Very friendly, reasonable price. Fixed the fault quickly. Customer in Westcliff On Sea
“Very friendly, reasonable price. Fixed the fault quickly. Customer in Brentwood
“The locksmith quoted his labour charge on my first contact with him. He gained access to my property for me and carried out the necessary repairs. At all times he informed me of options and costs before continuing with any further work. His quoted labour cost at no time was varied even though it was on a Sunday and he spent longer than he anticipated fixing the problems. He was clean, courteous and informative at all times. He was tidy in his appearance and his vehicle was clean, with the company name and contact details clearly displayed on it. I would recommend this trader to others.” Customer in Grays
Rated 4.9/5 based on 15 reviews